1. When can I transfer my membership?
We accept members who are in good standing to transfer their membership at any time during the League year.
2. How do I initiate my transfer?
The transfer process begins with the League from which you are transferring. Please contact our VP of Member Experience (MembershipVP@JLPDX.org), to begin the paperwork and initiate the transfer.
3. How long does it generally take to transfer a membership from another League?
On average, the entire process usually takes about two weeks.
4. What are the costs associated with transferring?
Costs are different depending on what time of year you transfer your membership. Please contact our VP of Member Experience (MembershipVP@JLPDX.org) for insight here.
5. Does my previous membership transfer over?
Yes, both your membership status and previous years in the League transfer over. You are not required to complete another Provisional (New Member) year. That said, you’re welcome to join any New Member events to acquaint yourself with our wonderful city and history!
6. Can I transfer as a Provisional/New member?
Though we recommend completing your New Member (sometimes called Provisional in other Leagues) year with the same League if possible, we do accept Provisional transfers on a case-by-case basis.
7. How and when am I placed on a committee?
Shortly after your transfer is approved, Nominating will reach out to you welcoming you to the Junior League of Portland and share what committee placements have space. We also have a Transfers SIG (Special Interest Group) you’re welcome (but not required) to participate in.
8. Are there special activities planned for transfers?
Once you have your login information, you can find and sign up for all volunteer opportunities available on the member calendar. You’re welcome to join any and all events you have an interest in.
9. Once a member, where can I find/sign up for shifts and events?
Once you have your login information, you can find and sign up for all volunteer opportunities available on the member calendar. There are several ways to earn points, and how you earn them is entirely up to you.
10. When do I get my membership profile?
You’re able to set up your member profile as soon as your transfer is complete. You will receive a JLP member login. After logging in, navigate to the drop down menu next to your name in the top right corner and Edit Profile. We encourage you to upload a picture. This will help you and other JLP members get to know and recognize each other.
11. How do I transfer out of the JLP?
Please fill out the Transfer Status Request form, which can be found under Member Resources > Membership on your JLP membership page. Our member experience team will then contact you directly to start your transfer process.
12. I am no longer an Active member of the JLP, but it was the last League I participated in. I have since moved and would like to transfer to a new League. How do I begin the transfer process?
If you are not a member in good standing, you will first have to reinstate your membership with the JLP to be eligible to transfer out. Please contact our VP of Member Experience (MembershipVP@JLPDX.org) to initiate your reinstatement and transfer.