Now accepting New Members!
We are now accepting New Members for the 2023-2024 League Year! We welcome you to join us virtually or in person at one of our upcoming Recruitment Open Houses. You will have opportunities to meet current members, learn about the benefits of membership, and hear how you can make an impact in our community.
After you attend an Open House we will share the membership application and look forward to welcoming New Members in the Spring.
In Person Events:
- Saturday February 4, 1-3pm @lolopassdpx
- Tuesday, February 7, 6-8pm @rosehavenpdx
- Friday, March 17, 2-4pm @rosecitycoffeeco *NEW DATE DUE TO FEBRUARY SNOW*
Please reach out to our Recruitment Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. To stay up to date on recruitment and timelines please sign up for our newsletter below!
Note: If you are a current Junior League member in another city and looking to transfer, please email email@example.com.
Are You Unstoppable?
Determined. Impactful. Unstoppable. Words synonymous with the Junior League of Portland. We are an organization that empowers women to lead by tackling issues impacting our community. Are you interested in learning more about the Junior League of Portland and how you can make a difference in our community? We welcome you to join our email list and come to one of our upcoming events to learn about membership.
Develop and Grow your leadership skills:
- Attend trainings that range in topics from professional and personal development. Past topics have included Emergency Preparedness, Resume Building, financial management and more.
- Chair a committee or serve on the executive committee with supportive leadership training
- Serve on a committee to make an impact
Meet other women with a passion to serve:
- You will have an opportunity to meet women from the ages of 21 to 101! These women come from a variety of backgrounds and a life experiences. The mentorship opportunities and friendships abound.
- Naturally expand your personal and professional network.
- Attend membership engagement events throughout the city including book clubs, dinner clubs, and outdoor adventure groups.
Learn the ways that you can serve your community
- JLP has community driven programming to help end the cycle of violence against women and children.
- Ending domestic violence by doing direct service with Rose Haven and Raphael house.
- Stop Human Trafficking awareness day that launches advocacy and education efforts in our city which kicks off our Essentials drive where we collect 10,000+ undergarments, toiletries and more annually.
- Prospective members are individuals who identify as female at least 21 years of age by June 1 of the year admitted
- A prospective member resides in the greater Portland Metro area including SW Washington
- Commitment to personal development, voluntarism and community service.
- Pay first year membership dues of $200. Payment plans are available.