Are You Unstoppable?
Determined. Impactful. Unstoppable. Words synonymous with the Junior League of Portland. We are an organization that empowers women to lead by tackling issues impacting our community. Are you interested in learning more about the Junior League of Portland and how you can make a difference in our community?
Join us at an Upcoming Recruitment Event!
We are now accepting New Members for the 2024-2025 League Year! We welcome you to join us at one of our upcoming Recruitment Open Houses. You will have opportunities to meet current members, learn about the benefits of membership, and hear how you can make an impact in our community.
After you attend an Open House we will share the membership application and look forward to welcoming New Members in the Spring.
- Saturday, February 17: Coffee Chat in Vancouver
- Saturday, March 2: Donuts & Coffee at the JLP Office in Downtown Portland
Miss our Events Series, but you’re still interested in joining? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to setup a 1:1 overview via phone, google hangout, or in person.
- Saturday, August 19: Move in the Park
- Thursday, September 7: The Standard Volunteer Expo
- Saturday, January 20: JLP Leader Panel
- Sunday, January 21: Coffee Chat in Tigard
- Friday, February 16: Coffee Chat in SE Portland
Please reach out to our Recruitment Chair at email@example.com if you have any questions. To stay up to date on recruitment and timelines please sign up for our newsletter below!
Note: If you are a current Junior League member in another city and looking to transfer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Develop and Grow your leadership skills:
- Attend trainings that range in topics from professional and personal development. Past topics have included DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion), emergency preparedness, resume building, financial management and more.
- Chair a committee or serve on the executive committee with supportive leadership training
- Serve on a committee to make an impact
Meet other women with a passion to serve:
- You will have an opportunity to meet women from the ages of 21 to 101! These women come from a variety of backgrounds and a life experiences. The mentorship opportunities and friendships abound.
- Naturally expand your personal and professional network.
- Attend membership engagement events throughout the city including book clubs, dinner clubs, and outdoor adventure groups.
Learn the ways that you can serve your community:
- JLP has community driven programming to promote climate justice
- Get hands on experience volunteering with community partners
- Prospective members are individuals who identify as a woman at least 21 years of age by June 1 of the year admitted
- Prospective members reside in the greater Portland Metro area including SW Washington
- Commitment to personal development, voluntarism and community service.
- Pay first year membership dues of $200. Payment plans are available.