Are You Unstoppable?
Determined. Impactful. Unstoppable. Words synonymous with the Junior League of Portland. We are an organization that empowers women to lead by tackling issues impacting our community. Are you interested in learning more about the Junior League of Portland and how you can make a difference in our community? We welcome you to join us at one of our upcoming events to learn about membership.
Upcoming Recruitment Events
September 8, 2022: The Standard Volunteer Expo
Come stop by our booth at The Standard Volunteer Expo to meet members and learn more about membership!
- Location: Pioneer Courthouse Square
- Time: 11am-2pm
Open Houses to be announced: Check back in the Spring for Open House dates
You are encouraged to attend an open house prior to submitting an application. To learn more about becoming a Member, fill out an interest form by clicking here.
- If you are interested in joining, be sure to fill out an application below by July 31, 2022.
- If you are a current Junior League member in another city and looking to transfer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Develop and Grow your leadership skills:
- Attend trainings that range in topics from professional and personal development. Past topics have included Emergency Preparedness, Resume Building, financial management and more.
- Chair a committee or serve on the executive committee with supportive leadership training
- Serve on a committee to make an impact
Meet other women with a passion to serve:
- You will have an opportunity to meet women from the ages of 21 to 101! These women come from a variety of backgrounds and a life experiences. The mentorship opportunities and friendships abound.
- Naturally expand your personal and professional network.
- Attend membership engagement events throughout the city including book clubs, dinner clubs, and outdoor adventure groups.
Learn the ways that you can serve your community
- JLP has community driven programming to help end the cycle of violence against women and children.
- Ending domestic violence by doing direct service with Rose Haven and Raphael house.
- Stop Human Trafficking awareness day that launches advocacy and education efforts in our city which kicks off our Essentials drive where we collect 10,000+ undergarments, toiletries and more annually.
- Prospective members are individuals who identify as female at least 21 years of age by June 1 of the year admitted
- A prospective member resides in the greater Portland Metro area including SW Washington
- Commitment to personal development, voluntarism and community service.
- Pay first year membership dues of $200. Payment plans are available.